Tuesday 19 September 2017

Narrative

After doing our pitch our main criticism was that our narrative might not be strong enough, so we have gone back and changed our idea. Our original idea was a day in the life type of music video, using the time lapse of the sunrise and it finishing with the time lapse of the sunset. 
We have now decided that we are going to focus on the relationship to help add structure and to keep it gripping to an audience. At the start of the video it will how the protagonist falling out with her boyfriend who then walks away. The shot will then switch to a scene of her ripping up photos of each other and the narrative will be her reminiscing the relationship and going back to places they have been together. During the chorus it will be flashbacks of them in each place together. The main video will be shot in black and white while the chorus will be shot in colour to reflect the mood. At the end of the song it will show the protagonist back on the beach again and they end up getting back together. 

To help with the narrative and our ideas, I researched other music videos with similar narratives and themes so I was able to see how they have portrayed a break up and shots they have used to help get this across as I am in charge of camera. The first one I looked at is Beyonce's 'Broken-Hearted Girl', as the video is about a broken relationship and shows Beyonce reminiscing the relationship on the beach while incorporating flash back shots of the couple together in the same place. The video starts off black and white and towards the end some of the shots are in colour, which I think works really well, as I wasn't sure whether this idea would flow properly. For some of the shots they overlay-ed two different shots which I really like the idea of as I think it's simple yet effective and would work really well in our own video when the music changes towards the end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

As it is coming to the end of the media course, it is now that I have appreciated just how much I have learnt and how much my skills have im...