Friday 8 December 2017

Ancillary Advert Draft


This is my draft for the poster ancillary task. I wanted to stick to the theme of black and white so it matches the music videos theme and is recognisable with the video. We did a photoshoot of our main protagonist and made sure they were wearing the exact same outfit and hair as they are in the video, so again it links and doesn't look completely different. We used a black screen for the background so that the image didn't require too much editing and means that I didn't have to cut out the protagonist from the background, making the outline obvious that she has been cut and pasted onto a black background which make the poster flow better. I used side lighting so that it is perfectly aimed and lights up the protagonists face, making this the main focus point as she stands out from the background. I wanted to follow some of the conventions of other music posters that included star ratings that stand out to the audience and makes you want to buy the album. I researched the album the song was actually from and which is where I found the magazines that had reviewed the album to keep it realistic. By doing this it also meant that we were including reviews from magazines our target audience would read and find out about the album. I kept the poster to the point as I didn't want it to be overcrowded by including the band, song and album name, ratings and social media platforms to help promote the song. I received the following feedback:
  • Like the black and white
  • Like the fact model isn't facing camera
  • Maybe use different fonts
  • Writing is too bunched together
  • Need something in bottom corner (release date)
  • Ratings higher up 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

As it is coming to the end of the media course, it is now that I have appreciated just how much I have learnt and how much my skills have im...